Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health Australia Pty. Ltd. ACN: 071 187 285 (Level 1, 78 Waterloo Road, North Ryde, New South Wales 2113, Australia) is a part of the worldwide group of Boehringer Ingelheim companies (collectively referred to as Boehringer Ingelheim, we, our and us) is bound by and complies with, in Australia, the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs),
Boehringer Ingelheim respects individual privacy and the rights of individuals to control their personal information. Boehringer Ingelheim and our third party contractors are bound by privacy laws in respect of the collection, use, disclosure and handling of your personal information.
Types of information collected and held
"Personal information" is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is identifiable: whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not the information is recorded in a material form.
Boehringer Ingelheim collects and processes personal information about you for a lawful purpose connected with our functions or activities and the collection of the information is reasonably necessary for us to perform our functions and activities, including providing the best possible quality of customer service to you.
You are under no obligation to provide personal information to us, although a failure to provide all or some of the requested personal information in some circumstances may limit our ability to provide products, services or information to you or otherwise to do business with you.
The types of personal information that we collect includes:
- your name, email address and other contact details;
- any questions that you may post;
- information about you in relation to the goods and services we provide;
- if you are visiting our websites, the IP address of your machine when connected to the internet and the domain name from which you are accessing the internet; and
- if you are a veterinarian, veterinary clinic personnel, a retailer or a Boehringer Ingelheim third party contractor, we may collect your professional details (including but not limited to your), your business details and details of the interaction we have with you.
Boehringer Ingelheim may collect other types of personal information where we are permitted to do so under the Privacy Act, for example, where it is necessary for us to take appropriate action in relation to a reasonable suspicion of unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature that relates to our functions or activities.
How we collect and hold personal information
Boehringer Ingelheim collects your personal information that you provide when:
- you access any of our websites;
- you otherwise communicate with us.
Boehringer Ingelheim takes reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information is kept secure in accordance with reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. However, for personal information collected online and stored in electronic databases, you acknowledge that no security system is impenetrable and that the security of those databases can never be guaranteed. Boehringer Ingelheim also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information and ensure that there are appropriate security protections in place.
Purpose for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
Boehringer Ingelheim will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which you provide it to us. We will not use or disclose personal information about you for any secondary purpose, unless you consent to that use or disclosure, or you would reasonably expect the use or disclosure in the circumstances, and that secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose for which we have collected that information, and
Your personal information may be provided to third party contractors engaged to perform functions or provide services relating to our business (including the operation of our websites).
The purposes for which Boehringer Ingelheim may use or disclose your personal information include:
- to provide you with any services or goods you may request;
- to respond to any query or complaints that you may make;
- for internal administration, product research, evaluation and development and quality control purposes;
- to provide you with other BI educational and promotional communications;
- to enable you to participate in an event we have organised and to provide you with communications about the event and other BI educational and promotional communications;
- to confirm your attendance at an event and to provide you with follow up materials from this event and other BI educational and promotional communications;
- to provide you with any resources you have requested and to provide you with other BI educational and promotional;
- for any other purposes required or permitted by law including an order of any court, tribunal or regulatory body.
Boehringer Ingelheim may disclose personal information it collects about you to:
- any entity within the group of Boehringer Ingelheim entities (within and outside of Australia and New Zealand);
- third parties within or outside of Australia engaged to help Boehringer Ingelheim improve its products and provide its services (including the provision of information on its website)
- enforcement authorities and regulatory bodies, within and outside of Australia; and
- any other parties it considers appropriate in relation to providing you access to the Website
Boehringer Ingelheim may combine any information which it collects from you with information collected by any entity within the group of Boehringer Ingelheim entities or any third party contractors or service providers engaged to perform functions or provide services relating to the purposes for which we collect your personal information.
Access to and correction of Personal Information
Boehringer Ingelheim will take all reasonable steps to ensure any personal information we collect is up-to-date, complete and accurate. We will also take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information that we use or disclose is up-to-date, complete, accurate, relevant and not misleading.
You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you, or request that your personal information be corrected if you believe for any reason that the information we hold is inaccurate, incomplete, not accurate or up to date, or misleading, or ask for your personal information to be removed if you no longer wish Boehringer Ingelheim to keep your personal information on file.
Boehringer Ingelheim will take reasonable steps to provide a way to correct, update or remove your records. Boehringer Ingelheim may charge you a small fee to cover any administrative costs that we incur in providing you with access to your personal information. We will facilitate access (including through the use of an intermediary if necessary) unless we are required or authorised under any relevant law or court/tribunal order to withhold access. You can obtain further information about how to request access to or correct the information held about you by Boehringer Ingelheim by contacting our Privacy Officer:
Postal address: The Privacy Officer
PO Box 1969
Macquarie Centre NSW 2113
Telephone: +(61) (2) 8875 8800
Fax: + (61) (2) 8875 8801
Complaints about a breach
If you consider a breach of the APPs has occurred, you may direct your query to our Privacy Officer in the first instance at email@example.com. We may require you to put your complaint in writing.
Our Privacy Officer will investigate the issue and take steps (if any) to resolve your complaint, and will notify you in writing of the outcome of the investigation. If you do not consider our response satisfactory, you may contact us to discuss your concerns or contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner at its website.
We may, in the course of providing products and services to you, disclose personal information to overseas entities (including our group companies which are located overseas including but not limited to Singapore, USA and Germany) and external data processors/web hosting servers located outside of Australia and New Zealand (such as in the USA, Japan, Singapore and Germany).
The types of personal information that we are likely to disclose to overseas entities include your name, email, address, information about you relating to the services and goods we provide you, professional and business details and/or information related to adverse events related to our products.
You agree that where personal information is disclosed to the countries above, the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) will not apply to that information.
Policy last updated February 2019